Birthday 19/02/2010Posted by Nick Erleigh in Personal.
Tomorrow is my 50th birthday and that got me thinking. Do I really want to celebrate turning 50 and officially joining the older generation? I mean tomorrow I officially become an old fart. Maybe I should just let the day go by like any other day. But that does not feel right and then it struck me. Tomorrow is not about growing older. So many wonderful things have happened in my life. To name but a few:
- Meeting and marrying my wife Debbie. My life would be empty without her. She is my rock, my soul mate and put simply I love her with all my heart. She is my partner in this journey.
- My two children Mandy and Daniel. The joy of experiencing them growing up cannot be expressed in words. They are my legacy.
- My grandson Morgan who was born a month ago. He is the future.
- My brothers and sisters. They have made life colourful and have helped me along this journey of life
- My mother and father. They set the foundation from where everything happened.
- The time I spent in the Navy and the camaraderie of the people in the Strike Craft Flotilla. This is where my work ethic has come from.
- The time I have spent at Waymark and the various colleagues and clients I have come across. I have some time spent more time with you than my family.
Tomorrow is about celebrating and remembering all the wonderful things and people. It all about my journey of life. Here are some quotes that I like about the journey of life. To me they sum it up:
- Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome – Arthur Ashe
- A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles – Tim Cahill
- Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. – Jean Luc Picard
Tomorrow I will celebrate my journey of life thus far and drink a toast to all the people who have created the memories on which it is founded.